Anston Parish Council Recreation Ground Charity (APCRG)
Otherwise know as the Anston Miners' Welfare.
APCRG was registered as a charity (1086515) in 2001. Previous to that it had been know as the Miners' Welfare Recreation Ground which was also a registered charity (523471) from 1963, but which had been deregistered in 1993.
APCRG land holdings consist of approximately 22 acres. This land was acquired by the Miners' Welfare Committee from the Turner and Presswood families in 1923 for the sum of £2,162. There was a correction to the Turner Deed in 1926.
In 1967 the Miner's Welfare Committee gifted the property, which by then included a welfare hall and bowling green, to the Parish Council. The Parish Council has been maintaining the facility ever since. In 1992 the welfare hall was extended and renamed the Parish Hall.
The charity property consists of the Parish Hall (with parking area) and the Bowling Pavilion and green which are situated within the recreation ground just off Ryton Road. Also in this area are various pieces of play equipment and a skating/cycling area. South of the recreation ground and connected via a footpath is a field known as Turner's Field and this runs east along Anston Brook until it reaches another field (the land bought from the Presswood family) known as Stones End and which, as you continue eastward, becomes Little Stones. These areas form part of the Duke of Leeds Way and are maintained by the Parish Council.
The Parish Hall, bowling green and football pitch are all available for hire and details of costs and how to book can found by here.
Year End Reports
More information about the Charity's annual returns can be found on the Charity Commission web-site.
Please note the the Charity has not met since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.
For minutes prior to 2020 please see the documents section.